||Nurturing Our Spirited Children|
Online Resources for...
All Other Resources
Click on the topic name to move directly to that section
Return to Main Online Resources page.
1. Information in "quotes" is quoted directly from the actual web page. It has been included here for INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY to give you a better idea of what that site has to offer.
2. Links open a new browser window, they do not change the page in this window. When you're done reading, simply close the new window.
3. Please remember......YOU are the only true "experts" when it comes to knowing your child. Not all the information you read about raising spirited children will "feel right" to you, not all will match with your families values and beliefs. Take what is useful, nurture your own instincts, and FOLLOW YOUR HEART!
Return to Top
- OnlinePlaygroup is an Internet resource for finding, starting, and managing a playgroup or parents group. We have an extensive directory of playgroups and parents groups from around the world, plus a variety of free online tools for playgroups.
- Aware Parenting Institute "Aware Parenting is a philosophy of child-rearing that combines attachment-style parenting, non-punitive discipline and acceptance of emotional release. It is based on the work of Aletha Solter, Ph.D., developmental psychologist, international speaker, and author"
- The Natural Child Project "All children behave as well as they are treated. Our vision is a world in which all children are treated with dignity, respect, understanding, and compassion. In such a world, every child can grow into adulthood with a generous capacity for love and trust. Our society has no more urgent task."
- Bright Future Lactation Resource Centre"At BFLRC we support the people who support breastfeeding with articles, education and motivation resources for healthcare professionals including doctors, nurses, lactation consultants, peer counselors, peer helpers and others providing parents with infant feeding information. In our resources area, you will find articles about breastfeeding and lactation topics written by and for professionals and expert volunteers. There are no clincial or decorative illustrations on this site as they take too long to download and would limit the space available for other articles."
- Empathic Parenting, Journal of the Canadian Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children
- Zero to Three"At ZERO TO THREE, we concentrate exclusively on these miraculous first years of life - the critical period when a child undergoes the greatest human growth and development. It's also a period when you - the parent or professional - have the opportunity to make a great impact and positively influence a child's future. Our mission here is simple: to help children best navigate their first three years of life in order to develop a solid intellectual, emotional and social foundation. For parents and professionals alike, there's always something new and exciting to be discovered! So, set aside some time to explore - and come back often and grow with us!"
- Positive Discipline "Positive Discipline is dedicated to providing education and resources that promote and encourage the ongoing development of life-skills and respectful relationships in family, school, business, and community systems." You can read the Positive Discipline Newsletter as well as many articles.
- Attachment Parenting International "Peaceful Parenting For a Peaceful World. Our goals are: To educate society of the psychological and emotional needs of babies and young children using an interdisciplinary approach. To function as a resource center providing educational materials and support groups for parents, children and the community. To develop a biennial symposium for parents and professionals that would develop appropriate standards and guidelines to aid policy makers and child advocacy agencies in promoting the attachment process. To empower women in all societies. We believe the human rights of women and children are inextricably bound together.
- National Parenting Information Network Newly revised - January 2000 - "The mission of NPIN is to privde access to research-based information about the process of parenting, and about family involvement in education. We believe that well-informed families are likely to make good decisions about raising and educating their children."
- Mothering Your Nursing Toddler (articles) Links to articles on a wide range of nursing topics.
- Full ~ Time Parents "a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping parents spend more quality time with their children. Our programs address the entire issue of being or becoming a full-time parent. This includes work-from-home, money and time saving tips, encouragement, parenting information and resources, crafts and projects to do with your kids, fun easy recipes, and more. Our information is well suited for both stay home moms as well as dads. We are national advocates for full-time parenting and aim to encourage those who have chosen to stay home full-time and aid those parents who wish to do so."
- Natural Caring Community for Parenting Awareness - "An online community of parents, expectant parents, birth assistants, educators, and childcare providers who advocate natural childbirth and natural (aware/conscious/instinctual/attachment) parenting. We aim to be a high-quality resource for natural parenting support and information for the broadest possible range of natural parenting issues from childbirth to teenagers (and beyond.)"
Return to Top
- Kididdles - Not Your Average Kids' Site! kids' song lyrics, puzzles, fun & games, share your kids' creations with other parents, and tons more!
- NASA's Solar System Simulator
- 101 Activities To Do With Your Toddler "contains activities, songs, fingerplays, and more for children aged 1 - 3 years."
- PBS Kids Online
- Discovery Channel Online
- The Idea Box Early Childhood Education and Activity Resoures featuring great activities (including directions), and links to other great kids' web sites
- Fabulous Field Trips and Rainy Day Fun! Cyber field trips galore! This site offers some wonderful links to places all over the world! Preschool on up! NOTE: This link is no longer active. If you have the new link - please share!
- The Magic School Bus "Scholastic's The Magic School BusŪ, based on the award-winning book series by Joanna Cole and Bruce Degen, features a wacky science teacher named Ms. Frizzle who takes her class of enthusiastic, inquisitive students and playful sidekick, Liz, the lizard, on educational field trips in her magically transformable bus."
- Little Explorer's Picture Dictionary with links from EnchantedLearning.com
- Kid's Domain - Articles, contests, PC & Mac downloads, & much, much more.
- Figure This! Math Challenges for Families. funded by the National Science Foundation and the U.S. Department of Education
Return to Top
- Lands' End - Clothes that pass the sensitivity test! You can shop on line or request a catalog by calling (800) 734-5437
- Hanna Anderson - Clothes that pass the sensitivity test! Especially wonderful is their line of underwear which works for even the most sensitive child! You can shop on line or request a catalog by calling (800) 222-0544.
As of 2003, they have increased their line of "Oko-Tex Standard 100" clothing (an ecological certification standard that's widely known & highly respected throughout Europe). "It began in 1992 in Austria & Germany with a mission to test textiles for harmful substances, and from that day to this it has grown in both size & dedication, adding constantly to a list of over 100 tests! Certified products are especially non-irritating to the skin, which is wonderful for babies, people with allergies, and everybody!" This year, Hanna has expanded their offering of products with this certification. "Beyond the fabric itself, every button, zipper & strand of thread must pass the exhaustive tests, and upgrades require cooperation from many different vendors. And Oko-Tex producst must be retested often."
- Stacinator Fleece Fleece diaper covers for your little ones. "Fleece is amazing....water resistant, comfortable, breathable, easy to care for, and wonderfully soft. It is my sincere hope that you will enjoy my covers as much as I enjoy making them!"
Return to Main Online Resources page.